Sunday, September 25, 2005

Astronomické České




Manuscript Title: Textus varii
Date: 14th or 15th century
Text Script: Latin
Repository: Královská kanonie premonstrátů na Strahově, Praha
Website: Demo Versions of Complete Documents - Czech Manuscriptorium Memoria Project

My best search efforts failed to turn up much more by way of information, although I'm copying in the Latin/Czech notations from this manuscript as a comment. Fully half of the 150-odd page manuscript are illustrations in a similar vein to those above. I saved these images in the supposedly poor quality mode to avoid an imprinted watermark, but I don't think there was much loss of quality. Each of the 8 or so 'demo' manuscripts open in a modified window allowing for zoom and multiple page previews. Please educate me if anyone knows anything about Textus varii. Of course 'various texts' doesn't quite have the same ring of authenticity now does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment